Alex Sheen is the Founder of because I said I would, the international social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of humanity through promises made and kept.
Sparked by the loss of his father, Alex began sending promise cards to anyone who requested them at no cost. Since his father’s passing on September 4th, 2012, because I said I would has sent over 8.42M promise cards to more than 150 countries. Alex’s commitment to the betterment of humanity has inspired millions and his promises have been shared virally around the world.
- Walking 245 miles across the entire state of Ohio in under 10 days to fulfill a promise to the three Cleveland women who were held captive for 10 years.
- Volunteering at 52 different nonprofit organizations in a single year.
- Promising children with cancer trips to Disneyland and personally delivering 100 tickets.
- Driving through the night to deliver disaster relief aid to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
- Giving 100% of his speaking fees to because I said I would and other charities instead of himself.
Alex is a four-time TEDx Talk speaker. In 2017, he spoke at more than 130 events in over 100 cities. His life’s work is dedicated to humanitarianism and he does not accept commercial endorsements. Alex is a proud graduate of Ohio University and he loves his dog Kimchi very much.
For more information, and to check Alex’s availability, please fill out the form below.